Search Engine Optimization, How Long Does It Take?
I get asked pretty regularly, “How long does it take for me to dominate or rank on Google?”
That is a pretty interesting question.
It doesn’t have to take long to build a winner or to explode your stats. And you can use the existing conditions to your advantage if you are clever. At the same time, Rome wasn’t built in a day.
Small companies need and want immediate results. We’ve had small companies stay the online course for years and as a result they are completely dominating their online searches. Steady monthly actions without pause brought their page rankings up and continually improved their online presence, content and value. Google recognizes this as an “organic” approach to online marketing and rewards it.
On the other hand, we’ve had companies drop their SEO Services in less than a year to their detriment, as months of SEO that had built up was then lost.
SEO is not a “test it out service”. It’s already been tested since websites began. Google has already told us that most searches go to the top ten spots as well as to the maps and Google My Business to find their products or suppliers.
How long does it take?
Most small businesses take at least 2 to 3 years to be profitable. Most become truly successful once they’ve hit the 7 to 10 year mark. Most small businesses take years to be successful, despite the “overnight” success of companies like Facebook.
Statistics show that successful small businesses are built over years, not months, according to Forbes.
With regards to getting really ranked on the search engines here is the answer from me as well as 75 experts that were surveyed on the subject.
According to 82% of experts surveyed, SEO takes 6 months to show an increase in traffic on average, while the full results of good SEO strategies are visible after 12 – 24 months. As the top 3 pages in Google receive 75% of traffic, expect your SEO results to grow over time as your rankings improve.
When can you expect results with SEO:
Some of the variables are:
- How much energy (money) you are putting into your SEO. Less than $1000 per month is very low in this day and age
- Is one person doing the SEO or is it a company with a strategy and staff to implement?
- Is your site ready for SEO? The cheaper your website was made, the more SEO errors there are, the longer this site will take to rank. This is why many websites don’t rank well or take longer than other websites to get to the top.
- How much content does your site have?
- How much content is being added every month?
- Are relevant links being added?
- Are you up against competitors that have been implementing SEO strategies for their company over many years?
- How many keywords are being worked on?
- It goes on with more and more variables, a list too long for one article.
One surveyed expert said it perfectly for me:
“The question ‘how long does SEO take?’ can be misleading. It implies there’s an end date to SEO work, and while I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I have to say this: SEO is never finished.”
To highlight the reasoning behind this, “Search engine algorithms, such as Google, for example, can update their algorithms literally thousands of times a year.
Search engines are always getting better at understanding user behavior, changing how they serve information to users, and upgrading the experience of the search itself. As a result, if you want to optimize your site for search engines, your work is never really done.”
Exactly!! I always tell clients, “Don’t engage in SEO unless you are in it for the long term. In fact, you can sell your businesses one day for a nice profit if you report to your buyer that you now have 50 plus phrases on page 1, your site is on all the maps, in all the directories and are getting thousands of visitors to the site per month.
SEO is great, if maintained. Like watering a plant, it will keep growing as you keep adding water monthly.
Benefits of using DIT Web Solutions for your SEO:
- We have a complete team that will work on your SEO for you
- In-house Developers at your disposal
- An in-house Marketing manager
- We use only relevant, approved links and white-hat actions so you don’t get banned from Google’s search list.
- A competitor analyses to spy on any links or actions they are taking that might be relevant for you
- Orders of magnitude: 25 phrases, 50 phrase and even 100 phrase packages are available if you are serious about building an online presence.
- Numerous copywriters at your disposal to build content. CONTENT IS KING ON THE INTERNET.
For even more details about dominating on Google, please watch this video: https://www.ditcanada.com/seo/
Book your complimentary Strategy Chat with a Senior Partner,