DIT Web Solutions would like acknowledge Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Famer, Blondie! Just like many of our previous newsletters featuring artists, Blondie’s Debbie Harry, at age 76, isn’t slowing down. With over 40 million records sold worldwide since 1974, the band is still active today!
Aside from all their amazing hits, Blondie is known worldwide for the mixed style of music they created, which made their brand the unique compilation it is today. Over the years, the band became noted for its eclectic mix of musical styles, incorporating elements of disco, pop, reggae and early rap music. Thus, they appealed to several audiences.
Showcasing the band’s versatility, when disco was hot, they came up with more disco themed hits, such as their award-winning “Heart of Glass.”With artists like The Bee Gees making a living using their falsetto, Blondie’s Debbie Harry was right there with her own beautiful falsetto. It would be safe to say that she and her band paved the road for many!
Although Blondie disbanded in 1982, they then re-formed the band in 1997, achieving renewed success with their hit single “Maria” in 1999, exactly 20 years after their first UK No. 1 single “Heart of Glass.” With roughly 2.4 million followers on their Facebook account, our team here at DIT Web Solutions tip our hats to this incredible, long-lasting success!
Key points from Blondie’s success:
- As I tell everyone on their SEO programs, persistence is key! With only 10 spots on page 1, only the companies that persist long term will get them.
- Facebook and social media are successful marketing tools for many!
- Don’t give up and if you have some failures, you can always do a successful reboot like Blondie.
- Attract attention through social media, PR campaigns, SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads and so on.
- Versatility within time periods and market shifts is vital. You can survey and and use market research to find the relevant data for your business to laser-focus your marketing to the exact right audience
“I think it’s a Blondie tradition that all of our albums sort of have a wide spread of styles.” – Debbie Harry
Call me today for your free consultation. Call Me!
Book your complimentary Strategy Chat with a Senior Partner,